Popular on Amzeal
- HXJQ Machinery Offers New-type Mobile Crushing Station 129
- New Yorkers Are Creating Their Own Sports Book Business After Failed State Legislation
- Explore the ways for Spirit Airlines Reservations Process
- Cen Biotech Announces The Signing Of A Merger Agreement With Csoc
- THINKWARE Launches its first sports camera, the M1 Motorsports Cam
- Company's Short Films Are Helping Non-Profits Raise Support
- Music Rewards-FIX is making its mark in the industry
- Boom in the Bottoms Sparks Summer Shopping - Kansas City First Friday Event Weekend
- RadiusPoint and Dexter Global Business Solutions Form International Conglomerate
- OncoBeta® chosen as a 2019 Red Herring North America Top 100 Winner
In just the last few years, organizations have to come to realize that software maintenance is an integral part of a software life-cycle. Still when you compare to the other phases, it is yet to receive the same degree of attention. When you look back at the history of the tech industry, software development has had a much higher profile than software maintenance in most organizations and industries alike.
The need for software maintenance
First questions first. Why does one need software maintenance in the first place? Organizations need to ensure that the software continues to satisfy their user's requirements. Any product, be it tangible or intangible, be it online or offline, requires periodic maintenance and that is also applicable to software that is developed using any software life cycle model, be it spiral or linear.
More on Amzeal News
- Introducing ShareMyForm – Easy and Cheap Esignatures
- Merchants and Marketplace: A Match Made in Heaven
- Dharma Platform Partners with Childfund International, Using Real-Time Data to Enhance Outreach to Vulnerable Populations
- Powerful New Book 'Love Loss Light' Speaks to Those in Grief
- CannaBiz Invest Asia Draws Global Medical & Industrial Cannabis Industry Players to Bangkok
The nature of these products is that software products change due to corrective and non-corrective software actions.
One must perform maintenance in order to:
improve the design
interface with other software
migrate legacy software; and retire software
adapt programs so that different hardware, software, system features, and telecommunications facilities can be used
Five important characteristics of a software product maintenance & support services:
maintaining control over the software's day-to-day functions;
maintaining control over software modification;
perfecting existing functions;
identifying security threats and fixing security vulnerabilities; and
preventing software performance from degrading to unacceptable levels.
The types of software maintenance
The current types of maintenance have been defined as: corrective, adaptive, perfective, and preventative.
Corrective maintenance: This involves reactive modification or repairs of a software product performed after delivery in order to correct the problems that have been discovered. This category of maintenance can also be used under emergency maintenance, which is an unscheduled modification performed to temporarily keep a software product operational pending corrective maintenance.
More on Amzeal News
- MiaSolé Achieves Flexible Substrate Thin-Film Solar Cell Efficiency of 20.56 Percent
- dBase, LLC. is excited to announce the NEW version of dBASE® 2019 – Optimized Edition
- REAL Trends + Tom Ferry Announce 2019 America's Best Real Estate Agents List Seventh Annual Real Estate Ranking
- How to Determine if your Motorola Batteries & Audio Accessories are Still Under Warranty
- Infoworks Bolsters Go-To-Market Executive Team
Adaptive maintenance: It is a modification of a software product performed which is performed after the product has been delivered and in order to keep the software product up and running in a changed or changing the environment.
Perfective maintenance: It can be termed as a type of modification to the software product after the delivery which provides enhancements for users, improvement of program documentation, and recoding to improve software performance, maintainability, or other software attributes.
Preventive maintenance: This maintenance involves detecting and correcting latent faults in the software product before they become operational faults, once the product has been delivered.
Software life-cycle process is a set of activities, methods, practices, and transformations used to develop and maintain software and its associated products. One needs to consider each and every step of this entire life-cycle wisely in order to maintain a successful product.
Latest on Amzeal News
- Tokyu Hotel Corporation Announces Grand Opening of the Osaka Excel Hotel Tokyu, November 1, 2019
- Municipal Video Provider Saves Taxpayer Dollars With New Middleware
- Artisan Noodle Restaurant TATSUKI Celebrates its Grand Opening in San Diego August 1st
- Circadence Wins Silver Award for inCyt from International Serious Play Awards Competition
- Daugherty Chicago Named 2019 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®
- Saum G To Release New Music album "Alternate Paths"
- Write2Go Anywhere, Super easy E-Memo and E-Signature embedded Memory Writing Pad!
- Nystrom & Associates Celebrates 10,000 Patients Receiving Early Access with QueueDr
- SkyVPN Stands in Solidarity with Sudanese People as Internet Blackout Continues after Five Weeks
- Quincy Jordan Honored with the "Top 50 Tech Visionaries" at InterCon, Las Vegas 2019
- Aland Acuna Accoladed With the "Top 50 Tech Visionaries" Award at InterCon, Las Vegas 2019
- youchamp announced as winner in Good Design Awards 2019
- CDI Global Sweden Negotiates Key e-Commerce Acquisition
- Hello Sustainable Hair: New Mom Gretchen Rossi Partners with OMORFIE
- iFortress announces Edge partners
- The Global Glow: The founder behind beauty powerhouse MineTan is taking over the self tan industry
- National Testing Network Recognized by Governing Magazine
- Vitria's Mike Rossi Makes the Case for Focusing on Digital Operations in the Context of Business Transformation Initiatives
- TRENDnet and Router Limits Upgrade Web Content Filtering and Productivity Software
- Talking Rocks Venue Announces Its Own Multi-Day, Multi-Cultural, Music, Food, & Gemstone Showcase