Popular on Amzeal
- The Most Awaited Self-Education Training Program has Launched 1412
- The Litigation Lawyers At Chand Snider LLP Add Windsor to their Territory
- TRECIG CIO & Cybersecurity Expert, Jim West, to speak at Texas Technology Summit
- Cheap airport parking Frankfurt
- Lightstone Solutions Announces 2020-2021 On-Site Tribal Gaming Commission Training Series
- PINC appoints Mike Medcalfe as Vice President of Customer Success
- Octobotic Corp announces Brian Sucher CFO Service,RRBB CPA ,Ross Carmel ESQ,Ahead of GCC
- Taking Control versus Asking Permission - "Skills to Back Yourself"
- Andrew Jones first-ever Collections Curated by Designers of Distinction auction will be held Feb 23
- Customer Data Platforms to Play Key Role in Effective Engagement
Bloomfield, NJ, USA, Feb 15, 2020 -- Following the success of its recent January auction and Americana Week in New York, the resurgence of traditional collecting categories continues to delight, excite collectors and serve as the foundation for Nye & Company's Estate Treasures auction planned for Wednesday, February 26th, online and in the firm's gallery at 20 Beach Street in Bloomfield. starting at 10 am Eastern time.
The sale is officially titled an Estate Treasures Auction; featuring property from the Estate of Judith Applegate, Princeton, NJ. The auction will begin promptly at 10 am Eastern time. Internet bidding will be provided by LiveAuctioneers.com and Invaluable.com. The catalog will also be posted to the Nye & Company website (www.nyeandcompany.com) prior to Valentine's Day.
"We are thrilled to be offering property from the collection of Judith Appelgate" said Andrew Holter of Nye & Company Auctioneers. "Judith was well-known in the museum field, auction and art worlds. She has served in a curatorial capacity at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and at the DeCordova Musuem. She also had experience working at auction houses and was the owner of Applegate Appraisals, and she was an adjunct professor at a number of universities including Harvard, Tufts, Boston College, the Cooper-Hewitt Museum and the Bard Graduate Center."
More on Amzeal News
- Discovery Map's Sam and Ann Douglass celebrate 25 years of Making Maps, Friends and Memories
- IAOP Releases the 2020 Global Outsourcing 100
- The Doral Chamber of Commerce proudly Welcomed Back Wide Evolution Systems as a Trustee Member
- Zezgo Rent A Car today announce the imminent opening of two branches in Jordan as the rollout of the new premium brand
- Online Digital Marketing Course in Hyderabad
Her collection is the quintessential traditional English country house collection. Featuring a wide variety of 17th through 19th century English and American furniture, silver, early brass, delftware, porcelain, paintings and prints. Of exceptional note is a terrific still-life painting of peaches and grapes by George Henry Hall and a fabulous landscape by the American artist, Eugene Leslie Smythe (1857-1932).
Additional highlights include a superb collection of 17th, 18th and 19th century Continental and English brass candlesticks, a 17th century English oak court cupboard, an American Queen Anne cherrywood chest-on-chest and more. Some country English furniture, such as the Cricket table and Windsor chairs transcend their utilitarian purposes becoming sculpture.
The sale also includes two early cast iron stove plates from the Eric Martin Wunsch collection. Mr. Wunsch was an early and highly respected New York City collector of early American furniture, silver, Old Master Paintings and early glass.
Moving away from the early traditional collecting oeuvre, they have a nice selection of early 20th century art glass from a private New Jersey and New York collection. Works include a Rene Lalique Los Angeles and Ronsard vase, several Tiffany favrile glass pieces, Steuben and Quezal Art glass round out the collection. There's an Art Glass "Clam Shell" centerpiece by James Nowak and a Swedish glass sculpture from Chris Heilman's Coral Reef Series.
More on Amzeal News
- Captavo Consulting becomes Consulting Partner to Hitachi Vantara
- Amigo Events Announce Traditional Goan Carnival Event in London
- Tullish & Clancy Real Estate Rebrands
- ChainUP Technology Backs Small and Medium Exchanges to Break Through
- Enzo Unified Signs On to Sponsor SQLSaturday in South Florida
People can bid in person, by phone, in absentia and online. An online preview will be held February 14th-26th at www.nyeandcompany.com. First-hand gallery previews will be held Monday thru Friday, February 17th-25th from 10 am to 4 pm; and Sunday, February 23rd, from 12 noon to 4 pm. All times quoted are Eastern.
For more information about Nye & Company Auctioneers and the Estate Treasures Auction on Wednesday, Feb. 26, visit www.nyeandcompany.com. The full color catalog can be viewed around Feb. 14 at www.nyeandcompany.com, LiveAuctioneers.com and Invaluable.com.
About Nye & Company:
John Nye had a long and fruitful career at Sotheby's before he and his wife, Kathleen, acquired Dawson's in 2003 and started Dawson & Nye. With the move to Bloomfield, New Jersey seven years later, they renamed the business to Nye & Company (Auctioneers, Appraisers, Antiques). The firm is nationwide, but the vast bulk of the business comes from trusts and estates in the tri-state area.
Nye & Company Auctioneers
20 Beach Street
Bloomfield, NJ, USA 07003
Latest on Amzeal News
- North American Companies Ordered More Robots in 2019
- Airlite Plastics Co. Announces the Unification of its Arctic Fox Brand Into KODIAKOOLER®
- United States of Freight Launches New Company Website For Heavy Haul Logistics Services
- Rising Hip Hop Artist Cudlino Announces Debut Album W.I.T.S
- National Retail Solutions (NRS) and City Harvest are Partnering to Help NYC Businesses Grow!
- Alliance Technologies LLC Promotes Jonathan Eggers to Vice President of Operations
- JACS Solutions Launches the New TD191 4G LTE Global USB Dongle
- Tech Electronics Announces Strategic Partnership with Edgeworth Security
- W+R Studios Partners with Xplode
- SAE J1939 - GPS Module With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
- INC Advisors offers Real Time Succession & Valuation Platform
- Symplast to Showcase Top Ranked Mobile EHR at Inaugural MIAMI COSMETIC SURGERY Meeting
- Ring Founder, Jamie Siminoff to Deliver Keynote at 7th Annual CEO Summit
- STG Logistics Welcomes Four New Vice Presidents to Sales Team
- OneGlobe LLC Moves Headquarters to Reston, VA
- Tejjy Inc. Expanding BIM Resource Sharing & Staffing for AEC Professionals
- Two Dogs Generate Over $100,000 For Critical Surgical Care For Children
- AESA Awards STEM Scholarship to PhD Candidate Careen Khachatoorian
- Turtle Network joins the BPSAA Alliance
- Ether-1 Joins The BPSAA: Blockchain Privacy, Security & Adoption Alliance