Popular on Amzeal
- CuraLinc's New Emotional Fitness Coaching ('Text Therapy') Solution Reduces Stigma and Improves Access to Mental Health Support
- 4th Annual "Hollywood China Night" Oscars® Party Set for The Beverly Hilton, Beverly Hills, California, USA, on Sunday, February 9, 2020
- Rachel Anne Cox Signs Her Popular Dystopian Novel A Light From The Ashes At Barnes & Noble In Layton, Utah
- The English-Speaking Union Celebrates 100 Years in Kansas City
- New Wrist Watch Straps for Apple Watch Store is Launched
- The End Of The Year Sale at Atlantic Overstock starts today. Get massive discounts on all the products!
- BluePrint Data Celebrates it "Perfect 2020 Vision for Internet Filtering and Security"
- Accurate Rubber Corporation introduces standard sizes of silicone tubing
- Powacable - An innovative product launched to help parents control how long their kids are playing video games
- Faroe Islands saw double-digit tourism growth in 2019
- The average price hike is 10.5%, or 5 times the rate of inflation.
- The drug hikes come at a time when lawmakers and the Trump administration have vowed to address the problem of rising prescription costs.
Price hikes on prescription drugs are surging in 2019, despite vows from lawmakers and the Trump administration to rein in pharmaceutical costs.
So far in 2019, more than 3,400 drugs have boosted their prices, a 17% increase compared with the roughly 2,900 drug price increases at the same time in 2018, according to a new analysis by Rx Savings Solutions, a consultant to health plans and employers.
Reuters reported on Tuesday that drug makers including Pfizer Inc (PFE.N), GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK.L) and Sanofi SA (SASY.PA) were planning to increase prices on more than 200 drugs in the United States on Jan. 1.
Nearly all of the price increases are below 10% and the median price increase is around 5%, according to 3 Axis.
More early year price increases could still be announced.
Soaring U.S. prescription drug prices are expected to again be a central issue in the presidential election. President Donald Trump, who made bringing them down a core pledge of his 2016 campaign, is running for re-election in 2020.
More on Amzeal News
- Market Maker Files 15c211 for CEN Biotech Inc
- 303 NETWORKS Celebrates 10-Year Anniversary
- Feedonomics Promotes Kellie Yackee to Director of Account Management
- Millis Man Releases 1993 Title Recipes for The Roommate-Impaired as Kindle ebook
- Waco Family & Faith International Film Festival Launches with the Goals to Empower the Creative Spirit and Celebrate All
Many branded drug makers have pledged to keep their U.S. list price increases below 10% a year, under pressure from politicians and patients.
Chaplain Paul Vescio LaTribuna Christian Publishing's CEO is quoted saying, The high cost of prescription drugs is putting American middle class families into poverty. People just can not afford the high cost of their prescription drugs. Millions of people across our nation are being forced to make the choice between paying for their food or medicine, between paying for their electric and other household bills or for their prescription drugs. People having to pay hundreds of dollars out of pocket each month for their medicine is morally wrong.
Chaplain Paul was also quoted saying, The solution in lowering prescription drug prices is for the federal government to create fair pricing guidelines and fair pricing laws that limit price increases by pharmaceutical companies. If I had it my way I would implement price increase caps of no more then a 10% increase within a five year period. I would also allow people to purchase their prescription drugs on the internet from other countries."
Chaplain Paul was also quoted saying, The federal government needs to step up and install fair pricing guidelines for prescription drugs. It truly is a matter of life and death. The Bible teaches us to love thy neighbor as thy self and we are to reach out in helping others by being good Samaritans, it is way past due that we as a nation step up and demand fairness in prescription drug pricing so that all Americans can be afforded a healthier life Amen.
More on Amzeal News
- Former Brookstone and Home Depot Canada CEO Joins CEO Coaching International
- NATP announces its annual 2020 Conference
- Chefsnätverket Close arrangerar Frukostföreläsning Med Niklas Delmar
- Kobe Bryant passes away at 41 years
- World Encephalitis Day 2020 Encephalitis Conference
LaTribuna Christian Publishing is committed to bring news stories that matter most to the public, for more info about the high cost of prescription drugs in America please visit these websites, CBS News at https://www.cbsnews.com/news/drug-prices-in-201...
Reuters at https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-healthca...
For more information about LaTribuna Christian Publishing please visit our websites at www.latribunachristianpublishing316.com and www.miraclesofkingman.com
Chaplain Paul Vescio
LaTribuna Christian Publishing
Latest on Amzeal News
- Find cheap Düsseldorf airport parking spaces
- Megha Dontha Narrates Audiobook Version of Best-Selling Startup Book 'The 60 Minute Startup'
- Austin Police Department Completes OSCR360 Crime Scene Investigation Training
- Andrew Jones first-ever Collections Curated by Designers of Distinction auction will be held Feb 23
- IAOP and The Rockefeller Foundation Announce Winners of 2020 Global Impact Sourcing Award
- Daniel Imperato CEO of Octobotic Inc. Taps Vinod Sujan Fmr. Oracle Exec. & Aarzoo founder
- IAOP and HCL Announce Winners of the Red Ladder Women in Outsourcing Awards
- Axiros Solution Enables Electronic Frontier UK to Manage Multiple Client Devices and CPE in the Telco/ISP Market
- Saelig Introduces PicoScope 4-Channel 16GHz Sampler-Extended Real-Time Oscilloscope
- Air Duct Cleaning NJ - Why Should I Clean my Home Air Ducts?
- XPERTI, Exclusive Talent Management Platform, Closes Technology Expert-Project Gap
- India Point Of Sale (POS) Terminal Market
- India Air Conditioner Market - 6Wresearch
- Humanity Road Celebrates 10-Year Anniversary, New Board Members
- Signature Tracks and Downtown Music Publishing Announce Strategic Partnership for Scoring Film, Television, And Advertising
- Interactive Touchscreen Solutions, Inc. Takes Ward Over Security Integrations with Direct 'Access' Visitor Management Solutions
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. appoints Dr. Steven Marsh as Special IP Counsel
- Direct Relief Partners with Managecore to Achieve Stable, and High Performing SAP Systems
- Launch Potato Announces Promotion of Rich Fatigate to Vice President, Sales
- Explore Unique Insights and Latest News on Robotics with Elekonika Electronics