Popular on Amzeal
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- TPISC IV: Details, Double-Slit Experiment - Quantum Entanglement Conjecture and Primes
- R&D Intensity Benchmarks by Industry
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Thiel College and local Veterans of Foreign Wars post to research connections to Camp Reynolds and World War II
- Seismic Shift from New York to the Palm Beaches Signals Permanent Residency, Not Seasonal Vacation Homes
- The Citizen Science Lab Launches Cyber Summer Camps for Youth Eager to Learn STEM in Pittsburgh
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
Specifically, Large volume wearable injectors are used for subcutaneous drug delivery, have become a preferred choice for administration of drugs in the home-care setting. These are small, portable wearable devices, which permit the administration of large volumes (more than 1 mL) of drugs / therapeutic substances, including complex biologics. These are attached directly to the skin and feature an integrated prefilled drug reservoir, a sterile fluid path and needle system. These injection systems primarily comprise of the following components:
Main pump unit containing a drug reservoir
More on Amzeal News
- Hiring the Lee County Wildlife Removal Services May Prove to Be More Beneficial Than You Think
- 3 Important Tips for Buying Deck Stains for Your Wooden Deck
- Alertus Releases New Chrome Extension for Desktop Alerting
- Ideanomics Announces Q2 2020 Earnings - TESLA Model 3 Proof of Concept
- Anti-Counterfeiting Packaging Market Size, Growth Estimation, Sales Projection 2020
Medication delivery unit
Depending on how sophisticated the device is, one or both the components can be worn by the patient. Devices, such as Omnipod (Insulet), and SmartDose Electronic Wearable Injector (West Pharmaceutical Services), are some of the examples of approved large volume wearable injectors.
There are several major factors that we believe are likely to escalate the adoption of large volume wearable injectors in the near future.
It is reported that around 60% adults in the US suffer from at least one chronic condition with close to 40% having two or more of such diseases. The treatment regimens often include frequent painful intravenous drug administration, specifically for high-viscosity and high-volume drugs. In comparison to conventional approaches, large volume wearable injectors allow administration of high-volume formulations and viscous drug solutions outside the clinical environment without the assistance of trained professionals.
This is particularly important as the pharmaceutical industry is focused on reformulation of the notable medications to be delivered via the subcutaneous route owing to the patent expiration of several biologic drugs in the coming years. It is worth highlighting that the biologic drugs market is anticipated to be worth around USD 180 billion in 2030, paving way for the development of more large volume wearable injectors to deliver the novel subcutaneous formulations.
More on Amzeal News
- Kupit Kickstarter Campaign by Burgeón Brands Attempts to Reduce Waste from Single-Serving Coffee Pods
- Latino Leaders Network to Host Virtual Panel Discussion with Democratic Latino Delegates
- Evolve IP Delivers World's Only Omnichannel Contact Center Integrated with Microsoft Teams and Virtual Workspaces
- B2B Trends That Created Huge Impact in 2020
- Mahmood Khan hits number 1 on Billboard
Variants of large volume wearable injectors are disposable with an in-built automatic needle retraction system to avoid needlestick injuries post drug delivery. Healthcare professionals are often susceptible to needlestick injuries while drawing blood, administering parenteral drugs or disposing used needles which can lead to the transmission of deadly blood-borne diseases. In the US the estimated cost of a single needle injury treatment can cost around USD 500 to USD 4,000 leading to an annual economic burden ranging from USD 118 million to USD 591 million. Hence, large volume wearable injectors save on healthcare resources making self-injection system much more cost effective. In addition to the chronic diseases, these devices are effective in emergency situations, for life-threatening indications, and in conditions where immediate pain relief is required, such as for wounded military personnel during wartime.
Even though large volume wearable injectors are relatively simple devices, there are still a few uncertainties surrounding the development of such products. These include interaction of the drug substance with primary container material affecting the stability and potency of the drug, technical dosing errors and competition by alternative self-injection devices. Nonetheless, the field is presently witnessing a lot of innovation, such as the development of integrated mobile applications with smart health monitoring, artificial intelligence algorithms and other interesting features (including provisions for reminders, and the ability to connect to web-based portals for sharing medical data with the concerned healthcare providers) We believe that such efforts are likely to drive growth in this market over the coming years.
Latest on Amzeal News
- NACCE and Bridge for Billions Team Up to Offer "The Leap" to Community College Entrepreneurs Across the Nation
- Fix My Practice Launches to Tackle Poor-Quality Health and Social Care Pandemic
- Legacy Park Sports Launches GoDog GameStream To Live Stream Baseball and Softball Tournaments
- Getting a deep tissue massage Vancouver or a cupping therapy Vancouver
- PSXDigital's Trade Appraisal and Market Pricing Tools Empower Powersports Sales Teams
- Get the best experience out of your vacation with Dubai city tour packages
- Get the most reliable travel plans by outsourcing Dubai tourism company
- Onlive Server Launched UK VPS Server Hosting Service with Hypervisor KVM Cloud Panel and SSD Storage
- Alpega Partners with project44 to Deliver Advanced Visibility in North America and Europe
- betterworks Ranks in World's Fastest-Growing SaaS Companies
- New MOVE3®: NEM® + Fish Oil Omega Combo Study Confirms Fast Efficacy in Pain & Stiffness Treatment in Healthy Adults
- Covid-19 Outbreak: Automotive Radiator Fan Market 2020
- Sanitizing Equipment Donation Empowers Workforce Innovation Hub at City of Refuge
- AC Hotel by Marriott Tokyo Ginza Opened July 9, 2020
- Summit Technology Group Adds Dan Hills, Opening Traverse City Office
- Last Minute Hotel Deals – Which Places Offer the Biggest Price Reductions Due to Coronavirus?
- TTS 2020 Virtual Congress: Leading Global Experts Convene Online In A Transformative Meeting
- Dental Innovations LLC publishes "The Financial Survival Guide for Dentists!"
- Digital Transformation in the Banking Industry
- Thiel College grad has honors thesis published on Northeast Regional Honors Conference website