Popular on Amzeal
- Astor Looking to Acquire ZZ Capital and Convoy Asset Management
- Best Light Fixtures Company Launches Profitable Programs for Building Professionals
- Maxeler Technologies develops real time FPGA-based processing for European XFEL
- how to join best digital marketing institute in Pitampura, Delhi
- Astor Capital On Acquisition Trail in Asia
- EclecticIQ continues its global expansion, reaching significant milestones in 2019
- Evolve IP Has Been Enabling and Empowering Work From Home for Over a Decade, Offers Collaboration and Virtual Workspaces In a Time of Need
- Diggin' Deep by IGS features options for 9 lines or 25 lines
- Oklahoma Cannabis Expo at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City, August 15 - 18, 2020
- Time to take advantage on high rental returns from real estate in Dubai, Says FIDU Properties
Kobe Bryant Signed and Inscribed Middle School Yearbook is up for Bid in Iconic Auctions Online Sale
Interested parties can view the entire auction catalog and bid now, at www.IconicAuctions.com. Most of the items have been authenticated by Beckett, REAL, James Spence and other reputable authenticating services. Others still are accompanied by letters or certificates of authenticity.
Over 700 lots are up for bid, in a range of collecting categories, not just sports. These include politics and history, music and entertainment and more, with rare, collectible items signed by such luminaries as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, The Beatles, Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Bob Dylan, Abraham Lincoln, Tupac Shakur, Derek Jeter, Ted Williams, Mike Trout and others.
The yearbook, from NBA legend Kobe Bryant's 8th grade year at Bala Cynwyd Middle School in Pennsylvania, is boldly inscribed in blue ballpoint pen on the second-to-last left page. It says: "In a few years you will probably be dunking on me. NOT!! How about those Lakers – Your friend, Kobe Bryant #24". Four years later Bryant wore #24 for the Lakers (minimum bid: $2,500).
The Michael Jordan love poem, titled "Only You", was penned by His Royal Airness to a girl he presumably fancied at school. In turns it is sentimental ("Only you can kiss on my cheeks"), devout (mentioning "the great man above") and awkward ("I hope you grow very, very tall"). The signature is a rare full-name example and an early Jordan autograph (minimum bid: $2,500).
More on Amzeal News
- Charlotte-Based Real Estate Tech Startup Close Off Market, Inc. Launches New (Beta) Platform
- Arizona Businesswoman Launches Giveaway to Support Students During School Closure
- Ideanomics Announces Operations Back to Normal; Announces $8.1 Million in Orders
- IAOP Announces New Initiative with Its Impact Sourcing Champions Index
- Celaton Awarded 'Excellence in IPA Technology, 2020 - UK'
"The market for basketball autographs and memorabilia has exploded in the last several years, and the Kobe Bryant middle school yearbook and Michael Jordan handwritten teenage love poem are two of the most unique pieces we've ever handled in that genre," said Jeff Woolf, the president of Iconic Auctions. The Kobe yearbook, in particular, is both timely and poignant."
Woolf added, "It's crazy if you think about it. Here's a kid rooting for the Lakers who not only ends up a player on the team four years later, but arguably goes on to become the greatest player in team history. You just don't see something so prophetic like that ever surface. It's amazing. Bryant mentions in his Showtime documentary that he developed his mentality for basketball during the time when this yearbook was signed. You can see that reflected in his first sentence."
An exceedingly rare four-language ship's pass document dual signed by George Washington (as President, "Go. Washington") and Thomas Jefferson (as Secretary of State, "Th. Jefferson"), dated June 21, 1793, carries a minimum bid of $10,000; while a letter handwritten by Abraham Lincoln on Executive Mansion stationery, dated May 11, 1861 (even "Executive Mansion" was handwritten by Lincoln), addressed to the Secretary of the Navy, has a minimum bid of $5,000.
An original pressing from 1963 of the U.K. Parlophone album With the Beatles, signed by all four members of the Fab Four, in overall fine condition with multiple surface impressions, has a minimum bid of $5,000. Also, a stereo pressing of the classic 1965 Columbia album Bringing It All Back Home, boldly signed by singer, songwriter and poet Bob Dylan in blue felt tip marker, a near-mint offering from one of the toughest signers in the world, has a minimum bid of $1,000.
More on Amzeal News
- AFOP Announces its 2020 Farmworker Children Essay and Art Contest
- Facial Recognition Expand to the Global Market
- Excavator Market is Expected to Garner $ 64.7 Billion by 2024
- Enterprise Firewall Hardware Market Worth $ 3.1 Billion by 2025
- Care Packages to Frontline Workers Delivered by Erasable Inc. of Tampa with Partners ZO Skin Health and HydraFacial
A baseball dual-signed by Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig while the two were part of a barnstorming tour of cities across the country, featuring Ruth's bold signature in blue ink across the sweet spot and Gehrig's on the panel below, has a minimum bid of $5,000. Also, a Hillerich & Bradsby W166 model bat dating from 1951-1954, game-used by the Splendid Splinter Ted Williams, with ball marks and Williams's number "9" handwritten on the knob, has a minimum bid of $3,000.
The earliest-known game-used jersey from Derek Jeter, worn when he was a player with the minor league Greensboro Hornets, size 46, with impeccable provenance from the team oner at the time, has a minimum bid of $3,000; while a 33 ½ inch Old Hickory baseball bat used by Mike Trout in the minor leagues, signed by the Los Angeles Angels slugger "Mike Trout, 2010 Game Used", with multiple ball marks, a crack and taped handle, has a minimum bid of $2,000.
The very American flag flown over the United States Capitol building during Barack Obama's historic presidential inauguration in 2009, encased and with a letter authenticity from the Acting Architect of the Capitol, Stephen T. Ayers, has a minimum bid of $1,000. Also, Tupac Shakur's rare, handwritten and double-signed lyrics to the unreleased track Tha Brightness of Your Smile, overall in fine condition with minor handling wear and discoloration has a minimum bid of $750.
Iconic Auctions is based in Scottsdale, Arizona and operates under the corporate name Iconic Memorabilia, L.L.C. The firm is always accepting quality consignments for future auctions. To consign a single item or a collection, call them toll-free at 1-800-325-7127; or, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more info on the Feb. 29 auction, visit www.iconicauctions.com.
About Iconic Auctions:
Iconic Auctions is based in Scottsdale, Arizona and operates under the corporate name Iconic Memorabilia, L.L.C. The firm is always accepting quality consignments for future auctions. To consign a single item or a collection, call them toll-free at 1-800-325-7127; or, send an email to email@example.com. For more info, visit www.iconicauctions.com.
15849 N. 77th St. / Ste. #1
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Latest on Amzeal News
- Lasers project Coronavirus message on Pyramids
- Digital Defense Earns 5-Star Rating in the 2020 CRN® Partner Program Guide
- Horizons Savannah Teachers Support Independent Learning During COVID-19
- Get Prompt Limo Service from Proficient Dubai Rent a Car Service Companies
- Intersect360 Research Adjusts 2020 HPC Market Forecast Downward for COVID-19
- Local Insurance Agents Bring Together Businesses During COVID-19 Quarantine
- Vibrnz Launches Support The Artists Series
- Sweet James Offers Employees Emergency Relief and Help with Medical Bills
- Symplast Announced as Platinum Vendor of the American Med Spa Association; to Present Educational Webinar on Telehealth to all Society Members
- Check How a New Movie Streaming Website Vkflix Become Famous During COVID-19 ?
- Maestro International Cargo handles sixteen COVID-19 charters in March including three pharma-only charters totaling 200 metric tons
- Reduced prices for mental health support during the difficulty and unknowns of Coronavirus
- HoloBuilder Welcomes Takenaka Corporation to Their Innovators Club
- VPN Compare's Facial Recognition Guide Reveals State of the Technology
- The Town Kitchen, PBC launches TTK Provisions to Serve Youth-Crafted, Locally Sourced Food and Essentials to Households in SF Bay Area
- ASCEND 2020 Alumnae Barbara Jones CEO of Lillii RNB and Calvetta Phair CEO of ReferAll, LLC form teaming alliance to promote new technologies
- Global Dental Implants Market Worth $ 6.90 Billion by 2025- Analysis Report by Goldstein Research
- Data Masking Market is Expected to Garner $ 834.5 Billion by 2024
- Dashboard Camera Market Worth $ 5.2 Billion by 2024- says by Goldstein Research
- Renting a Dedicated Server with Bitcoin Just Got Cheaper at Rad Web Hosting