Popular on Amzeal
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- TPISC IV: Details, Double-Slit Experiment - Quantum Entanglement Conjecture and Primes
- R&D Intensity Benchmarks by Industry
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Thiel College and local Veterans of Foreign Wars post to research connections to Camp Reynolds and World War II
- Seismic Shift from New York to the Palm Beaches Signals Permanent Residency, Not Seasonal Vacation Homes
- The Citizen Science Lab Launches Cyber Summer Camps for Youth Eager to Learn STEM in Pittsburgh
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
Outsourcing Activities to Witness Significant Growth in the Coming Years
The specificity, efficacy and safety-related advantages of biologics have captured the attention of various stakeholders in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Even though the larger players have the necessary resources to conduct in-house manufacturing, complex requirements related to the manufacturing of biologics have compelled these players, along with mid-sized and smaller players, to outsource such operations, specifically in developing countries, such as China. It has been observed that China is increasingly being preferred as a potential outsourcing destination owing to the various benefits offered by this region, such as the availability of skilled labor at much lower costs. In addition, the cost for drug research, development and manufacturing is significantly low in this region. Further, the shift in regulatory policies, such as the implementation of MAH program, enable developers to get Chinese FDA approval for drugs which are manufactured with the involvement of contract organizations, thereby supporting outsourcing activities in China.
More on Amzeal News
- Hiring the Lee County Wildlife Removal Services May Prove to Be More Beneficial Than You Think
- 3 Important Tips for Buying Deck Stains for Your Wooden Deck
- Alertus Releases New Chrome Extension for Desktop Alerting
- Ideanomics Announces Q2 2020 Earnings - TESLA Model 3 Proof of Concept
- Anti-Counterfeiting Packaging Market Size, Growth Estimation, Sales Projection 2020
Integration and Adoption of New and Innovative Technologies
Over the years, a number of novel technologies for developing and manufacturing biopharmaceuticals have entered the market. These include various next generation production technologies, such as single use bioreactors, perfusion and continuous processes and bioprocess automation technologies. In addition, we believe that transgenic plants / animals, stem cells and advanced cloning methodologies are likely to have a notable impact on biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing in the coming years. Several Chinese biopharmaceutical CMOs are already using advanced and improved expression systems, and next generation bioprocessing technologies in order to cut down on costs and meet the growing demands of their customers in a more resourceful manner.
Focus on Niche Therapeutic Area
A number of niche and evolving therapeutic areas in the biopharmaceutical industry are anticipated to sustain the growth of the China biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing market. These include various antibody-based therapies (ADCs and bi-specific antibodies), cell-based therapies (T-cell immunotherapies, stem cell therapies and dendritic cell therapies), other personalized therapies along with the appropriate companion diagnostics, and gene therapies.
More on Amzeal News
- Kupit Kickstarter Campaign by Burgeón Brands Attempts to Reduce Waste from Single-Serving Coffee Pods
- Latino Leaders Network to Host Virtual Panel Discussion with Democratic Latino Delegates
- Evolve IP Delivers World's Only Omnichannel Contact Center Integrated with Microsoft Teams and Virtual Workspaces
- B2B Trends That Created Huge Impact in 2020
- Mahmood Khan hits number 1 on Billboard
Growing Biosimilar Market to Contribute to the Growth of the Contract Services Segment
The growing success of biologics is likely to sustain their demand in the long term as well. Once these proprietary products lose patent exclusivity, their biosimilars are expected to flood the market. In February 2019, National Drug Regulators in China approved the country's first biosimilar drug, HLX01, developed by Shanghai Henlius Biotech, intended for the treatment of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. The current Chinese biosimilars pipeline is vast and is expected to grow further as more biologics lose patent protection in the coming years.
Challenges Faced by both Sponsors and Service Providers
It has been observed that dealing with a contract manufacturer that doesn't speak English thoroughly, or doesn't have the knowledge of the same terminologies that are used by the outsourcing company can become troublesome for the companies, which can lead to problems in the quality of the final product. Other concerns include documentation and vendor qualification / selection issues, quality assurance and quality control concerns, issues related to scale up and scale down, regulatory issues, and technology-related concerns.
However, we believe that as more biopharmaceutical product candidates progress into late stage clinical trials, the dependence of various stakeholders on CMOs is likely to increase. Despite the many shortcomings, the China biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing market is anticipated to strengthen further in the foreseen future.
Latest on Amzeal News
- NACCE and Bridge for Billions Team Up to Offer "The Leap" to Community College Entrepreneurs Across the Nation
- Fix My Practice Launches to Tackle Poor-Quality Health and Social Care Pandemic
- Legacy Park Sports Launches GoDog GameStream To Live Stream Baseball and Softball Tournaments
- Getting a deep tissue massage Vancouver or a cupping therapy Vancouver
- PSXDigital's Trade Appraisal and Market Pricing Tools Empower Powersports Sales Teams
- Get the best experience out of your vacation with Dubai city tour packages
- Get the most reliable travel plans by outsourcing Dubai tourism company
- Onlive Server Launched UK VPS Server Hosting Service with Hypervisor KVM Cloud Panel and SSD Storage
- Alpega Partners with project44 to Deliver Advanced Visibility in North America and Europe
- betterworks Ranks in World's Fastest-Growing SaaS Companies
- New MOVE3®: NEM® + Fish Oil Omega Combo Study Confirms Fast Efficacy in Pain & Stiffness Treatment in Healthy Adults
- Covid-19 Outbreak: Automotive Radiator Fan Market 2020
- Sanitizing Equipment Donation Empowers Workforce Innovation Hub at City of Refuge
- AC Hotel by Marriott Tokyo Ginza Opened July 9, 2020
- Summit Technology Group Adds Dan Hills, Opening Traverse City Office
- Last Minute Hotel Deals – Which Places Offer the Biggest Price Reductions Due to Coronavirus?
- TTS 2020 Virtual Congress: Leading Global Experts Convene Online In A Transformative Meeting
- Dental Innovations LLC publishes "The Financial Survival Guide for Dentists!"
- Digital Transformation in the Banking Industry
- Thiel College grad has honors thesis published on Northeast Regional Honors Conference website