Popular on Amzeal
- The Wagner Agency Transforms The Ad Agency Model, Placing Consumers and its Employees First 203
- PacketSled Recognized by SC Media as a Finalist for Best Computer Forensic Solution 184
- Education is Major Driver to Market Adoption of CBD, Cousin of THC from the Cannabis and Hemp Plants 174
- At Last: Luxury Belize Condos at Prices Investors Can't Ignore 158
- Rare Live View of Eagles Incubating Egg in Nest on Rock Cliff in Arizona! 157
- Stevens Transport Purchases $165 Million in New Equipment for 2019 148
- Credit Union Announces New Downriver Location on its 77th Anniversary! 141
- Clique Labs Launches Enterprise Disruptor Bone Card for Enterprise 140
- Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy Announces Successful Development of Biologically Active Romiplostim (N-Plate® Biosimilar) Production Technology 128
- Imposter: A Journey To Monogamy Available Now On Amazon.com 125
What makes this particularly interesting is that the nature of mobile devices means that businesses potentially have the opportunity to know more about their customers than ever before. GPS-enabled smartphones allow organizations to see where their customers are. They also know if a customer has been browsing a mobile website or app and use that information to understand what the customer might need in the future. QR (quick response) codes on products automate and accelerate a two-way interaction. Customers retrieve all the information they need quickly, while organizations have the intelligence they require to direct customers to the correct place within their self-service function to complete the final purchase.
It's a trend contact center analyst ContactBabel calls 'The Great Mobile Opportunity'[ii] and it has the power to revolutionize customer service and the role of the contact center. So how do organizations make the most of this mobile data to take customer service to the next level?
The end of reactive contact centers
Contextual communication is the next step up from omni-channel in the contact center, as Vasili Triant at Cisco has been promoting at our collaborative events. Firstly customer service should be fully optimized for mobility. Then digest what's being said on social media and listen to conversations that consumers commonly conduct with apps on their mobile devices, using Apple Business Chat, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, Instagram or Twitter. Then, use this valuable intelligence by putting it into context for the customer.
More on Amzeal News
- Texas based travel startup Rave completes initial funding & launches website
- Ultra-High Resolution TESCAN S8000X Xe Plasma FIB-SEM Destined for QUT
- MC Companies Receives Multiple Nominations At 2019 Arizona Multi-housing Association Tribute Awards
- Lesley Brice, President and Partner of MC Residential LLC., Named As 2019 Chair of Autism Speaks Walk Arizona In Association with S.A.R.R.C
- DynaScan Appoints Joe Hasenzahl as Director of New Advanced Retail Solutions Division
- OutAirOdor units take out molecules that pollute in-home air
- Waveband Communications Inc. attends IWCE
The challenge is that most contact centers are reactive. Someone contacts customer service and an employee looks up various pieces of information to solve a specific enquiry at a particular period in time. No account is taken of contextual factors that predetermine the outcome of customer interactions.
Five steps to contextual customer service
It's time to move away from a reactive contact center and exploit your data. Drawing on the great insights from Vasili, you can achieve this in the following ways:
Be contextual – take data and apply intelligence to it. Give employees the context of why a customer is calling in the first place. If a customer has spent the last 30 minutes with technical support without success, make this information available to prepare the employee. A greeting that reflects empathy such as, "Hi Joe, I understand you've been talking to tech support but it looks like you still haven't got the answer you need, let me help you…" will go a long way towards calming potentially inflammatory interactions.
Be suggestive – use the data you already have to suggest certain types of interaction with customers. For example, seeing that a customer has left your website and looked at another brand is not the end but a great opportunity to reel them back in with a response like: "I see that you've had a problem with your current car can we help you by putting you on a special trade-in program with a 3-year free warranty?"
Be pre-emptive – based on previous interactions, a customer's preferred communication method can be determined, so use this information to pre-empt how to deal with them the next time around, for example "I see you've been on our website, would you prefer me to give you a call on the following number?"
More on Amzeal News
- Innodem Neurosciences Receives 1 Million Dollars In Funding To Give A Voice To Voiceless Patients
- Surex's AI & Machine Learning Endeavours Garners Another Tech Accolade
- Hear Directly From Leading Technology Companies on Latest Global Development in Encryption and Cloud Computing
- Stemology® Releases Product with Advanced Stem Cell Technology Complex
- Invenio IT Recognized on CRN's 2019 MSP 500 List for Third Straight Year
- Bishop Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Promotes February as Heart Disease Awareness Month
- IDI Consulting Announces Office Expansion in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Be predictive – you know that a customer has bought a pair of shoes from your fashion department but did you know they also purchased a sofa from homewares? Make sure your data and processes are consistent and sufficiently integrated to facilitate joined up customer responses, along with the opportunity to cross-sell and up-sell other products and services.
Contextualize the workforce – by deploying the latest cloud Workforce Management (WFM) solutions. Use them to create a 'go-to' place for all your talents and resources and identify the employees who have the highest levels of emotional intelligence to add context and real value to customer interactions. Give employees real-time help with unified systems that allow them to see when expert help is available across the organization then maximize WFM data to ensure the customer is put through to the right employee, right away.
If you change the reactive to contextual, suggestive, pre-emptive and predictive, both employees and customers will benefit from a superior experience. Think about contextual as the new supercharged omni-channel.
Magnus Geverts is Chief Business Development Officer at Teleopti
https://www.emarketer.com/Report/UK-Retail-Ecommerce-... - "eMarketer UK Retail & E-Commerce" – Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2021
Lower Woodend Barns Fawley Henley-on-Thames OXON
+44 19491 845553
Filed Under: Customer Service
Latest on Amzeal News
- Breach Force: Coinmama, 500px, AdventHealth, Coffee Meets Bagel and OkCupid (maybe) Breached + more
- A "Couple of White Chicks at the Hairdresser" to be featured on Sofy.TV
- Long-term results with the Tat vaccine point to a new approach for a functional cure of HIV
- SuperCloud Wrap: Google's $13B Data-Center Plan, Going Beyond CI/CD, Allergic to DevOPs? + more
- Solareum (SLRM) Surpasses $2 on Iquant Exchange with Listing
- ShearShare Partners with Impact House + Hack DFW to Bring Diversity and Inclusion in Tech to HackDFW
- Origami in the Garden, A Traveling Exhibition Unfolding in Three Garden Locations in 2019
- Diane & The Deductibles Open For The Legendary Fabulous Thunderbirds at The Canyon Club in Agoura Hills on February 23rd!
- Entrepreneur Reveals Secret Formula to Making Millions
- Allied Wallet Adds More Payment Options for Europe's Largest Market for Luxury Goods
- Future-Proof Your Brewery in 2019
- Your Lore: The Custom Website Experience Changing How We Read
- Sakai Achieves LTI Advantage Certification
- MTB Entertainment's "Prince of the Universe" Album by Marcus Christ to be Commercially Distributed on April 16th, 2019!
- Budweiser Budvar Replaces RFID-Powered Forklift Tracking with SEWIO RTLS to Achieve 99% of System Uptime and Cut Down Maintenance Costs
- Advanced Component Testing's Latest ISO 17025 Accreditation Covers Extended AS6171 Methods
- Acumentrics announces the addition of Integral Marketing as Mid Atlantic manufacturer's representative firm
- New Environmental Safety Management program nets Thiel College "Champion of Education" status
- Allied Wallet CEO Andy Khawaja Recognized by the Vatican and Pope Francis
- Streetwise Artificial Intelligence Technology (SAIT) to be used by iTV IP owner Mind Taffy Design